Foggy Windows? Cracked Windows?
We receive many phone calls from clients in the Oakville, Mississauga and Halton areas who have moisture between the panes of their double paned windows. Foggy windows, or even water that is sitting at the bottom of the window between the glass.
Many people ask us if we can do the “defogging” that some companies offer and we do not, for the following reasons:
- Defogging companies drill two small holes in the corner of your glass – in order to spray their chemical to make the foggy windows clear up.
- This method does not repair the problem, that of a failed seal at the edge of your insulated glass unit (IGU), but masks it.
- Upon inspection by a home inspector, the IGU will fail and this can cause an issue when selling your home.
- Windows that have been “defogged” by this method, typically end up foggy again within 6 months.
- Any insulating properties of the original IGU are lost when you drill the holes in the glass, even with the small holes being resealed.
At WindowFix.ca, we will measure, manufacture and install a new custom thermal glass unit to the exact specifications of your window. If you have an issue with foggy windows or fog between the panes of your windows, or have cracked glass in your windows, please Email us or call us at 289-242-8439 to discuss and receive a free estimate over the phone. Please have the following information ready –
- Age of windows/home
- Location of window on home (main or upper floor)
- Fixed or operating window
- Wood or vinyl framed windows
- If window has squares/grids between the panes, the number of squares (ie. 2 x 3).
We service Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington and GTA areas and can replace your glass thermal units for a fraction of the cost of new windows! Call us today at 289-242-8439.